Home | Contact Us | Packages/Groups | Boat Washing | Water Flow & Weather Info | Shuttle Service | Directions
Kayak and Canoe Safety Tips
1. Take an on-water Course - whether it's a safety or skill development course, an ACA on-water instruction course provides the information you need for canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, rafting or safety & rescue.
2. Wear Your Lifejacket - Expect to capsize and swim occasionally when paddling a canoe, kayak, SUP or raft? Learn more about PFDs and how they might just save your life.
3. Cold Water Safety - Cold water is extremely dangerous! Learn more about protecting yourself in this environment
4. Rules of the Road - What paddlers need to know when sharing the waterways
5. Safety Check - Safety tips you need to consider the next time you head out on the water
In addition to the "Top Five" here are 5 more to round out the "Top Ten"!
6. Practices, Ethics and Conduct - Key points on how to appropriately share, and enjoy our natural paddling resources
7. Know Your Limits - Good things to contemplate before you leave shore
8. River Paddler's Guide to Rescue - The basics, just in case...
10. Trip Preparation and Planning - Getting ready to schedule your next trip? Learn more useful tips
Rules Of The River
The river is used by many. Please respect all people you encounter.
When coming upon a fishermen, please try and go behind them.
If unable, pass to the shore furthest away.
Take care of all the garbage that you brought with you.
Respect private property.
Nearly all land along river is private.
If you see someone in need of help, offer aid.